The Montgomerys

The Montgomerys

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Reality check! (Meet our family)

So... where to begin... Well first off I remember when I was a kid I always wanted to be a mom. I thought though that I would marry an architect, live in a mansion and have a maid. Reality strikes! Here I sit in a tiny apartment 2 kids and a cat. I'm married to an IT guy (a glorified nerd). He works long hours and although we pay the bills no problem most of the time sometimes we seem to just barely eek by. The funny thing is we are happy. We always have what we need and that is each-other.



Now to get to the children. I have a 2 year old daughter, Amelia, who is my pride and joy. She was a silent baby. She never cried. The most you ever heard was a slight whimper. I hardly slept the first few months because I was afraid I wouldn't hear her if she needed me. She has the most caring heart and incredible amount of energy. Her creativity knows no bounds. She is intelligent and incredibly kind. She may be a little impatient and moody at times but what two year old isn't.  Amelia is one of those kids who can make you smile no matter what kind of mood you are in. 



Allen is the baby. He will be 4 months old tomorrow. He is always impatient. He was in such a hurry to be born that he was born 3 weeks early. He is always in such a hurry to eat that he gets himself so wound up that he has trouble latching on. He is also loud. Not in a bad way. He just has alot more volume to him then his sister ever did as a baby. Most of these loud sounds are happy ones. When he cries though I swear they can hear him all the way to Mexico. He loves being the center of attention. He knows if your full focus is not on him and lets you know it. 



My husband, Mike, and I are best friends. We tell each-other everything. He is my rock. I can always count on him to be there when I need him. He has a quirky sense of humor and is a little bit of a ditz sometimes. When he came into my life I never would have thought we would be here today. He has a way of keeping me calm even in the most stressful of times. He and I are learning to navigate our family, work, and spiritual lives together. We know that our journey together has just begun and there is still so much ahead of us. 




1 Corinthians 13:7 ESV 

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment