The Montgomerys

The Montgomerys

Monday, November 26, 2012

4 Months Today (Allen's birth story)

Well Allen is 4 months old today so I will take a bit to tell about how this little blessing made his entrance. It all started with a proposal from Daddy. He and I were just watching Amelia play and he turned to me and said "Let's have another baby." Being that Amelia had not been planned we had never tried to have a baby.

So our adventure began with a google search on how to get pregnant. Yes we understood the sex part but we knew there was more to it. Eventually I landed on a phone app. There I met a wonderful group of women. They were a little older then us and had a more experience in life but they welcomed me in. (I found later that they had a lot more advice to offer then just fertility tips.) Some of them were like encyclopedias on fertility.

After following many tips and tricks we conceived. I must admit we did call my mom because we weren't sure how long to wait before telling people and when to go to the doctor. We waited a few months and finally told everyone around Christmas. We answered a million and one questions regarding names, due date and what gender we would like. We told everyone that we would welcome the new baby August 16th.


I fought through nearly 3 months of morning sickness while chasing a toddler and potty training her. Then I slowly gained a tummy. We went to our second ultrasound to find out the gender and we found out we were having a boy. 


Amelia was very excited at the idea of having a partner in crime to play with. She loved giving mommy's tummy kisses.


On July 26th I was in my kitchen cleaning. I had emptied all the cupboards and re-organized them the day before and all I had left was to mop the floor. I had the bucket all filled and started to mop when all the sudden I felt a bit of fluid running down my leg. I went to the bathroom. Then I changed into new pants. I went back into the kitchen and as soon as I stepped over in a gush of liquid ran down both legs and soaked me. I used the mop already in hand to wipe the floor and I called Mike.

I tried to get ahold of my mom but was having no success so we placed a call to my Aunty Jo and Mike's parents. We told them to head to the hospital that the baby was on his way. I cried nearly the whole ride because my mom was still in Colorado and wouldn't be home until the next day.

Once we arrived at the hospital with Amelia in tow we filled out the paperwork and settled into our room. Our family arrived and we visited for a few hours. We sent them out so I could get into the tub. As soon as I got in I knew I'd have to get back out. I told the nurse that she better get the doctor. They called the doctor. I tried as hard as I could to not push until the doctor got there. She arrived just in time to catch our baby boy.

Allen Michael was born three weeks early but weighed a healthy 6lbs 11oz. He was perfectly healthy and needed no special care. After a few days they let us go home. We went and met up with my mom to show her our little Allen.


Amelia took to Allen imediately. She wanted to hold him all the time. Even now she asks to hold him about once an hour. He loves watching her and doesn't like her to get out of his line of view.


Here he is our sleepy four month old Allen. He has grown so much.


Psalm 127:3
Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him

No comments:

Post a Comment